- Guest, NS. Vegan and Plant-Based Diets in Sport and Exercise. NutritionX https://www.nutritionx.co.uk/nutrition-hub/x-change/nutrition-x-change-vol-10-plant-based-and-vegan-diets-in-exercise-and-sport/
- Guest, NS and Lynch, H. Plant Based Diets and Athletic Performance. Aspetar J Sport Med, Volume 15, p 10. 2021.
- Sicova M, Guest NS, Tyrrell, P and El-Sohemy A. Caffeine, Genetic Variation and Anaerobic Performance in Male Athletes: Randomized Controlled Trial. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2021 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00421-021-04799-x
- Wong O, Marshall K, Sicova M, Guest NS, et al. CYP1A2 Genotype Modifies the Effects of Caffeine Compared With Placebo on Muscle Strength in Competitive Male Athletes. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2021 Jul 20:1-7.
- Guest, N.S., et al. VanDusseldorp, T.A., Nelson, M.T. et al. International society of sports nutrition position stand: caffeine and exercise performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 18, 1 (2021).
- Thakkar D, Sicova M, Guest N, Garcia-Bailo B, El-Sohemy A. HFE Genotype and Endurance Performance in Competitive Male Athletes. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2020 Dec 29;PAP.
- Guest, N., Corey, P., and El-Sohemy A. Caffeine, HTR2A genotype and endurance performance in athletes. J Strength Cond Res. 2020.
- Guest, N., Horne, J. Vanderhout, S., El-Sohemy A. Sport Nutrigenomics: Personalized nutrition for athletic performance. Frontiers –Nutrition. Feb 2019 https://doi.org/10.3389/fnut.2019.00008
- Guest, N., Corey, P., Vescovi J., and El-Sohemy A. Caffeine, CYP1A2 genotype and endurance performance in athletes. 2018. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 50(8):1570-1578.
- Guest, N., and Barr, SI. Dietary Restraint and Stress Fractures in Women Runners. 2005. International Journal of Sports Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism. Volume 15 (2), 147-159.
- Guest, N., Sicova, M., El-Sohemy, A. Sport Nutrigenomics for Personalized Dietary and Supplement Recommendations. Biochemistry of Exercise Routledge. Elsevier. 2020.
- Guest, N., Eny, K., García-Bailo B., El-Sohemy, A. The future of genetically-based nutritional and pharmacological aids in sport. Sports, Exercise, and Nutritional Genomics, Chapter. Elsevier. 2019.
- Hufford, M and Guest, N. Fuel Your Ride: Performance Nutrition for Cyclists. Rodale Inc. Spring 2016.
- Guest, N., Jamnik J., García-Bailo, B., Nielson D., El-Sohemy, A. Applying Genomics for Personalized Nutrition in Clinical Practice. Integrative Gastroenterology 2nd Edition, Chapter. Oxford University Press. 2018.
Continuing Education Courses (Inter-professional: dietitians, physicians, nurses)
- Guest, N. The Science of Nutrigenomics. (Fall 2020) Relias.
- Guest, N. Genetic Testing for Personalized Nutrition. (2016; 2020 update) Relias.
Scientific Posters / Oral Presentations
- Guest, N., Corey, P., Vescovi J., and El-Sohemy A. (2018) Caffeine, CYP1A2 genotype and endurance performance in athletes. Canadian Nutrition Society Thematic Conference: Advances in Nutrition: From Daily Living to High Performance Sport, 2018, Toronto, ON.
- Guest, N., Jamnik J., Wells G., and El-Sohemy A. (2015) Genetic variation related to maximal aerobic capacity (VO2max) and type of sport in college-aged competitive male athletes. Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology Annual Meeting 2015, Hamilton, ON.
- Guest, N., Jamnik J., Womack C., and El-Sohemy A. (2015) Single nucleotide polymorphisms related to caffeine metabolism or response during exercise. Pan American Sport and Exercise Research Summit 2015, Toronto, ON.
- Guest, N., Josse A., and El-Sohemy A. (2013) Physical Activity, Cardiometabolic Risk and the Plasma Proteome in Caucasian and East Asian Young Adults. American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting 2013, Indianapolis, IN.
- Guest, N., Josse A., and El-Sohemy A. (2013) PGC1alpha GLY482ser Polymorphism is Associated with Habitual Levels of Physical Activity. Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology Annual Meeting 2013, Toronto, ON.
- Josse A., Cameron L., Guest, N., Shuster S., El-Sohemy A. (2013) Genome Wide Association Study of Caffeine Withdrawal Headaches. International Society of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics Annual Meeting 2013, Quebec City, Quebec.
- Guest N., and Barr SI., (2004) Disordered Eating Behavious and Stress Fractures in Female Athletes. Experimental Biology Annual Meeting 2004, Washington D.C.
- Burke L., Coyle E., Maughan R., Guest N. (2011) Nutrition Guide for Youth Olympics. International Olympic Committee.
- Burke L., Maughan R., Guest N. (2009) Nutrition Guide for Olympic Athletes. International Olympic Committee